About Hubb support Group
February meeting 2019!
For our February meeting
on the 7th we will meet at:
YMCA, The Essex Room, 1st floor, 29 Rush Green Rd, Dagenham, Romford RM7 0PH same times 5.00 pm - 7.00 pm.
Directions: Plenty of buses that you can get direct or from Romford. 5, 365, 128, 248, 252, 175
- A safe relaxed place for people to share their experiences at our monthly meetings
- Understanding changes with services and government policies
- Empowerment for recovery, well being and independent living
- Providing information about local events and community resources
- Help in tackling the stigma of mental illness and in challenging social isolation
- Support following discharge from mental health services
- Members can improve confidence and skills by contributing to the newsletter or volunteering for Hubb, gain training or voluntary work towards employment
- When most social services have closed, we are still here for people with mental ill health, and their carers.
- All of our volunteers have/had mental ill health or been a carer for someone with mental ill health
- Referral to advocacy if needed
Meetings our held every 1st Thursday of the month from 5-7 pm. Members socialise, listen to a talk, buffet and free raffles. Subs £2.00 per session, (first session free) to cover buffet costs and raffle prizes etc. Talks have been about activities, educational opportunities, benefits, housing and other topics.