About Hubb support group
HUBB is a mental health support group for people living in Havering, Barking and Dagenham who have had/have a mental illness and their carers.
Meetings our held every 1st Thursday of the month from 5-7 pm. Members socialise, listen to a talk, buffet and free raffles. Cost £2.00 per session, (first session free). Talks have been about activities, educational opportunities, benefits, housing and other topics.
- A safe relaxed place for people to share their experiences
- Understanding the changes with services and government policies
- Empowerment for recovery, well being and independent living
- Providing information about local events and community resources
- Help in tackling the stigma of mental illness and in challenging social isolation
- Support following discharge from mental health services
- Members can improve confidence and skills by contributing to the newsletter or volunteering for Hubb, gain training or voluntary work towards employment
- When most social services have closed, we are still here for people with mental ill health, and their carers.
- All of our volunteers have/had mental ill health or been a carer for someone with mental ill health
- Referral to advocacy if needed