About Hubb support Group
AGM meeting 2019!
AGM March meeting
on the 7th we will meet at:
Romford Baptist Church, Main Road, Romford at the large back hall. Same times 5.00 pm - 7.00 pm.
- A safe relaxed place for people to share their experiences at our monthly meetings
- Understanding changes with services and government policies
- Empowerment for recovery, well being and independent living
- Providing information about local events and community resources
- Help in tackling the stigma of mental illness and in challenging social isolation
- Support following discharge from mental health services
- Members can improve confidence and skills by contributing to the newsletter or volunteering for Hubb, gain training or voluntary work towards employment
- When most social services have closed, we are still here for people with mental ill health, and their carers.
- All of our volunteers have/had mental ill health or been a carer for someone with mental ill health
- Referral to advocacy if needed
Meetings our held every 1st Thursday of the month from 5-7 pm. Members socialise, listen to a talk or complete an activity, buffet and free raffles. Fees or charge £2.00 per session, (first session free) to cover buffet costs and raffle prizes etc. Talks have been about activities, educational opportunities, benefits, housing and other topics.